Hambleton Steel Ltd (HSL) considers that sustainability of the environment, the local community and its financial status is of very important and as such it is committed to achieving and maintaining sustainable practices across all core business activities.
Sustainability PolicyJanuary 2019
HSL is committed to:
- Complying with all relevant legislation and industry best practice.
- Ensuring by education and training personnel are aware and supportive of our policies and procedures.
- Meeting the requirements to which we subscribe relating to our occupational health and safety hazards.
- Appointing competent internal and independent authorities to perform periodic audits, assessments and monitoring of our sustainability policies and implementing environmental and sustainability measures.
- Ensuring that our clients, suppliers and subcontracts are aware of our commitments to environmental, economical and social sustainability.
To achieve this HSL will ensure that:
- HSL are working towards the new standards ISO 14001: 2015 ISO 45001:2016 (previously OHSAS 18001).
- Core activities are undertaken considering efficiency and financial sustainable practices to meet the needs and requirements of our clients.
- The use of resources and energy is done efficiently, promoting Reduction, Reuse and Recycling.
- Employees and others health, safety and welfare are not affected by our business activities and that we operate with every consideration for the environment and the local community.
- Our manufacturing and construction activities do not impact negatively on the environment and the local communities in which it operates.
- When dealing with employees, clients, suppliers and subcontractors and the local communities we do so ethically.
- Wherever reasonably practicable we use suppliers and subcontractors who have published sustainability policies.
- We consult and collaborate with all interested parties to help progress sustainable development.
- We continually strive to improve our sustainable development and share information with others to create further sustainable policies.
- Investment is continually made into company processes in order that we continue to meet and exceed our clients' needs.
All sub contractors and those who are acting on our behalf, will be expected to cooperate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own business activities are carried out with every consideration for sustainability.